Many fail to recognize the prevalence of mental illness and addictive disorders, but it impacts us all. These illnesses do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity or socio-economic status. Across Indiana, approximately 1 in 4 people experience at least one episode mental illness each year and countless others deal with addiction. Sadly these numbers do not go down as the need increases each year. We must find ways to provide assistance to those in greatest need, but we can only do so with the help of people like you who support our work.
Your support with an end-of-year tax-deductible donation to MHAI will help us continue this important work into 2014. With your gift, we will be able to continue to provide support to:
- MHAI’s Training Institute which trains consumers, people in recovery, family members and professionals about mental health and addiction treatment;
- MHAI’s Legal Service Center that works with clients to make sure that they get the representation they need and gain access to services required to protect their rights;
- MHAI Advocacy, a strong voice at the State House for policies that expand opportunities for people with mental illness and addictive disorders by influencing legislation and policy discussions that impact mental healthcare and addiction services;
- Over 40 local affiliates that implement MHA initiatives on the county level and develop individual programs geared toward the specific mental health needs of their communities; and
- MHAI subsidiaries that provide direct service to children, youth, adults, and elders with mental health and substance use issues.
Moreover, your ongoing support will allow MHAI to continue to add services that are needed in our community. These services will make a difference in people’s lives.
To make an end-of-year tax-deductible donation to MHAI, simply mail your donation to MHAI, 1431 North Delaware Street, Indianapolis, IN, 46202 or donate online here. Whether you give $25, $100, or $1000, the amount of your contribution is less important than the fact that you contribute. A letter denoting the donation amount for tax purposes will be provided.
As you approach this holiday season, know that your contribution will have the ability to improve someone else’s life.
Thank you for your support of the vital work of Mental Health America of Indiana.